Saturday, January 29, 2011

Acceptance of the old nature

How do we justify sin? Today I had a moment where I just felt a heavy sense of failure. I thought, “I’m dealing with this issue, again! I was doing so well. How did this happen? Why am I so susceptible to this one issue? I feel drawn to failure in this area, again and again.”

Then my thoughts went to- “Oh, this is just my thing. It’s just what I do. Everyone has their one sin that they keep falling back into. It’s completely normal.” What a horrible thought process to fall into. All that’s within me is to praise His name. My whole life, my presence, the very essence of me-all that is to praise Him, honor Him, glorify Him.

God gives perfect peace. Victory over sin, victory over the sinful nature. God, make my heart clean, pure, new.

My discouragement came from all that I am not. I have to believe what Jesus did and is doing is enough. There is power and authority in Jesus that I have not been walking in. My shame and my acceptance of sin dishonors the sufficiency of Christ and His promises.

Ezekiel 14:13 Stand still, stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. See God win for you.
Psalm 91:4 He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be you shield and rampart.
Needing Circles today. Resting in His promise.

7 comments:

  1. Your totally right. We all have those certain things that get us but i love how you say God has victory over sin, victory over sinful nature. Dead on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. word, word and word Amanda. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "See God win for you"! This is so true and encouraging. We all have our weaknesses and God is there to fight for and with us everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I find this very encouraging. Its so easy for that thought of "am I doing enough?" to come by and to point that finger at ourselves as we contemplate about our past.

    Thank you for those passages =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "There is power and authority in Jesus that I have not been walking in."

    It seems that when we're at our weakest moments we are most apt to forget this fact. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, seriously, Satan LACKS creativity. He brings the same crap up over and over and over again because he doesn't know what else to do. I hate him.

    You are beautiful, more than enough, and God's beloved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda, I'm really enjoying riding your posts. I find them very analytical and thought provoking! Thank you for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, comments or questions are welcome!