Saturday, September 11, 2010

Heart Issues [in Moscow..]

God has been getting deeper into my heart lately. More and more, I notice the flaws and sinful nature in me. I see it, and it's something I want to change. I am impatient. I want life to happen on my terms, my schedule, and exactly how I think is best. But I meet opposition daily, and iron is sharpening iron as I take time to reflect on my weaknesses.

It is not a helpless feeling though, because when I am weak, God is strong within me. Christianity is all about God loving us in our weakness, and that is so beautiful. It is such an attractive part of the Gospel: Jesus died for messy people, who didn't have it all together. And that's me! And that's you! I love that God pursues us, even when we don't realize it, or when we doubt He is near.

I am also learning that God is often quiet. What a beautiful picture, because it forces me to silence my voice, heart and mind to focus on what he is speaking.

"I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also rest secure," Psalm 16:7-9


1 comment:

  1. My beautiful Princess remember you are spirit templed in human flesh. You were created to be one with Him. Be aware of your weakness but please never dwell on them. You are being used by God because you are willing. Thats not always going to be comfortable, but it will always be fulfilling.I know Papa God is looking on you with favor. Dad and I adore and miss you. You are brave and courageous and I am so honored to be a part of this intimacy you are experiancing with God.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts, comments or questions are welcome!